Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hello Folks

Hello folks, My name is Blessan Babu Mathew.
I finished my engineering and now work as web developer. I aspire to get into the game industry.
As a kid, the only thing I was really into and good at was video games. I always wanted to be game developer but I always had this feeling that game developers are these really smart guys who started making games when they were still in there diapers.
So I never really tried or made a research. Then I went to college for engineering. I was kinda ok in the programming department after my degree. But to be frank I never really was confident about being a programmer. Cause all I've ever done is, simple class, database programming. So when I passed out, it was year 2009. Recession was making things really hard for programmers. At that moment, only web developers were getting hired. So I learned PHP and got on job at a local firm.
After working there for 6 months, I started having my own project on live servers. My confidence in programming pretty much went up. Since then I always felt kinda in the wrong place. Every single minute I get as free time, I use it to read about games. Thais when I actually started to dig in about how games are made.
After reading a coupla articles I felt like a real dumbass. You don't need to be a drawer or a little genius. Find your strong point and work hard on that. I should started my research at least when I was in college. Ah, all in right time I guess.
Ever since then I started on searching from where to start. Kinda did a lot searching on that. So I did do a lot of stuffs for a coupla days like IRRlicht, Direct X. At the end I ended up on UDK. So I decided to focus on that.
So my future post will be my advances in UDK. Ill try to post tutorials, experiences etc. This post was a introductory post to let you know my background. So until my next post. Take care

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    UDK is a good game engine to start at and its easy to use and free. There is also another engine that has just came out that is free and allows for more custom stuff so you can create your own real game from scratch. It's called Unity. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete